See Los Angeles, Stay at KOA
Los Angeles, or “The City of Angels” as it’s often referred, is the second biggest city in the United States. So it’s no wonder that thousands of people flock to the city to visit each year. There is so much to see and do you could spend an entire week there and not see it all. Well, for those that do want to spend some time exploringL.A. but don’t want to spend the money on expensive hotel rooms, why not stay at a KOA? Camping is a much cheaper option and if you enjoy the outdoors, you get to see the city but experience the beauty of nature as well.
There are two KOA locations within close proximity of Los Angeles:
- Los Angeles/Pomona/Fairplex KOA- 2200 North White Ave, Pomona, CA 91768 Located just 30 minutes from downtown L.A. this KOA campground truly makes you feel like you are camping in the middle of the mountainous valley, offering spectacular views of the San Gabriel Mountains.
- Campers can take advantage of the closeness to the mountains and take daily or overnight hiking trips into the wilderness.
- The KOA offers Hollywood sightseeing tours that will take you to Rodeo Driver, Hollywood walk of fame, the Santa Monica pier and other tourist destinations in L.A.
- As far as amenities offered by the KOA, it can accommodate tents and RV’s with full hookups. Some of the deluxe campsites have finished patios and are handicapped accessible. Pets are allowed on the campgrounds and there is free wi-fi for all guests. There is also a large swimming pool that is open year-round.
- Acton/L.A. North KOA- 7601 Soledad Canyon Road, Acton, CA 93510
- Located within an hour of downtown Los Angeles, this KOA is close to theme parks, shopping, dinning, and attractions such as Disney, Six Flags, and the Los Angeles Zoo.
- The campground offers tours to the Shambala Preserve where you’ll get to go on a safari and see various types of wildlife.
- This KOA is also a stop on the Pacific Crest Trail. They offer many services for those hiking the trail such as mail and laundry services.
- Amenities for this campground include a swimming pool on site during the season of Memorial Day to Labor Day. A convenience store, free wifi, shower facilities, and full hookups for RV’s are all included. There is an on-site dog park for your 4 legged friends, bike rentals for touring the trails, a playground and sandbox for the kids, and basketball, tetherball and horseshoe courts for your leisurely activities.
- Campsites here fill up fast so be sure to book yours as soon as possible.
With all these options and included amenities, you’ll feel like you are staying at a resort in downtown L.A.except with an outdoor atmosphere. Choose one of these KOA campgrounds for your next stay!
OR LEAVE A COMMENT:
This article was originally posted here.