Many people place their trailers, fifth wheels, or truck campers on their auto policies to save money in the short-run, but in the event of claim, this could result in thousands of dollars out-of-pocket due to insufficient coverage. RVs have different insurance needs than regular automobiles.
Specialty RV insurance is designed for RV-ers and includes coverages not typically available in a standard auto policy including:
- Damage to awnings
- Damage to satellite dishes
- 24-hour towing and roadside assistance
- Replacement of personal items (clothing, cameras, tools, electronics, etc.)
- Emergency vacation expenses (pay for temporary lodging, auto rental, travel expenses if you are involved in an accident when away from home)
- Vacation liability (protection you from liability if others are injured in or around the RV)
- Optional full-timer coverage
- Total Loss Replacement or Agreed Value (protects you from depreciation in the event of a total loss – this could mean thousands of dollars of difference in a total loss settlement)
Now is the time to check your RV policy and make sure you have adequate coverage. If you would like a free quote or more information, please contact us at 248-373-5811 or through our website.
OR LEAVE A COMMENT:
This article was originally posted here.