If you are a full time RVer then you know what it’s like to have your entire life on the road with you. From clothing to bath and bedding necessities to entertainment; you want all the comforts of home with you when your RV IS your home. But, RV’s are limited on space and weight so the amount of items you bring along with you have to be kept to just the things that are “must haves” and keeping them organized can help tremendously and allow you to store more of those things. Here are some tips for organizing your RV to help you save on space.
Let’s start in one of the most cluttered of all places; the Kitchen.
- Using items such as 3M Command Hooks to hang stuff can help save on drawer and cabinet space.
- You can hang potholders and towels on the inside of cabinet doors, as well as small cooking utensils.
- Nesting bowls and measuring spoons allow for more cookware but save on space.
- Using storage containers for dry items such as cereal and pasta can help save on cupboard space, plus you can stack them on top of each other to utilize all the cupboard space you have.
- Magnetic spice containers can save on counter and cupboard space when mounted on a metal cookie sheet. Or you can build a spice rack that mounts under your kitchen cupboards.
- A fold up or slide out cutting boards saves on counter space and can also double as an extra cooking surface when preparing meals.
- Magazine holders work wondrously for stacking plates vertically in your cupboards to make more room for other items.
- Shoe organizers have a multitude of uses in your RV. They can work for storing personal items in your bedroom or bathroom such as makeup, brushes, toiletries, etc.
- Vacuum storage bags can be useful for more things than storing clothes. You can also store extra linens and shoes to fit under your bed or under your RV in the storage compartments.
- Fold up sweater/shoe holders can be used to save on closet space. They can be used to hold jeans, hats, scarves, sweatshirts, and much more rather than taking up drawer space.
- Small toiletry baskets can also be hung inside medicine cabinets in the bathroom to store things like nail polish, toothpaste and tooth brushes, and medicine to keep them off bathroom counters.
- Metal closet systems work great for organizing and additional storage in your closets.
- Slide out drawers of any kind add extra storage space in hidden places like under your dining table bench seat.
- Building slide out boards for under your RV gives you easy access to items without having to pull each container out separately.
- Storage totes of any size and shape allow you to categorize and store like items to make it easy to find things.
- Brackets mounted on the roof of the storage unit allow you to utilize all 4 walls and store more things you may need, like brooms, hoses, equipment, etc.
- Over the seat organizers work great for keeping kids games and toys organized while driving and provides quick access so they don’t have to get out of their seat.
Keeping your RV organized not only makes it easier to access and keep track of the items you need for your travels but it also provides a sense of comfort knowing you can carry more of the things you want as well. What are some of your organizing tips and tricks?
Cliff Jones RV
Utilize our online parts catalog to order some of the essential items you need to keep your RV organized. Visit http://www.cliffjonesrv.com/page/rv-parts today to check out our selection!
OR LEAVE A COMMENT:
This article was originally posted here.