Ten Facts about RV’s you didn’t know
- The term RV wasn’t actually coined until the 1960’s. Before that they were referred to as campers or travel trailers.
- The first motorized campers were built in 1910 and were called “auto campers” or “camping trailers”.
- April is consistently the most popular month for camping; followed by August, September, June and July.
- The average age of RV owners is 48.
- 1 out of 10 vehicle owning households in the United States owns an RV. That’s 8.9 million households in the U.S.
- There are more than 12,000 RV related businesses in the United States today.
- Over 60 % of RV’s manufactured in the states are manufactured in Elkhart, IN.
- There are about 16,000 private and public campgrounds in the United States available for visitors to enjoy.
- The most expensive RV comes in at a whopping $3 million, manufactured by an Austrian company called Marchi Mobile.
- The smallest RV in existence is called the “Cramper”. Take a look here. http://gas2.org/2013/06/08/worlds-smallest-rv-all-hail-the-cramper/
OR LEAVE A COMMENT:
This article was originally posted here.